River Rangers is a primary school cadet program run in partnership with the Department of Local Government and Communities. It seeks to engage and educate the next generation of children to help us protect our Riverpark. Specifically, the project seeks to reinforce the importance of protecting the Swan Canning Riverpark among primary school students and helps them gain a positive and practical understanding of the local environment.
The training conducted by Rangers will aim to ensure that students...
- Develop leadership and team building skills.
- Improve their self-confidence.
- Develop and improve their interpersonal skills.
- Develop and improve their initiative skills.
- Take an active role in the community and develop a sense of community service.